User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development
This book is my go-to resource for tools and tips for writing good agile requirements. I can’t recommend it enough.
From the Amazon Description:
In User Stories Applied, Mike Cohn provides you with a front-to-back blueprint for writing these user stories and weaving them into your development lifecycle.
You’ll learn what makes a great user story, and what makes a bad one. You’ll discover practical ways to gather user stories, even when you can’t speak with your users. Then, once you’ve compiled your user stories, Cohn shows how to organize them, prioritize them, and use them for planning, management, and testing.
- User role modeling: understanding what users have in common, and where they differ
- Gathering stories: user interviewing, questionnaires, observation, and workshops
- Working with managers, trainers, salespeople and other “proxies”
- Writing user stories for acceptance testing
- Using stories to prioritize, set schedules, and estimate release costs
- Includes end-of-chapter practice questions and exercises
User Stories Applied will be invaluable to every software developer, tester, analyst, and manager working with any agile method: XP, Scrum… or even your own home-grown approach.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development
Other Tools & Toys
Perspecta Scrum Training (4/07-4/08 2020)
Perspecta Scrum Training (4/07-4/08 2020 + TBD Product Owner day)
Tools of the Trade iPhone Case
Agile Adlibs (Series #1)
Agile Manifesto Posters
Agile Antipattern Cards
Build Your Own Scrum
“Are We Ready To Do Scrum?”
Scrum Kickoff Planner