A few of the Antipatterns in the deck:
“My boss is on my team.”
“Our daily scrum lasts 45 minutes.”
“We’re doing a documentation sprint before we start coding.”
What to use the cards for a retrospective?
1) During the retrospective, give a few cards to each team member.
2) Ask the team to select the antipatterns they’ve run into this sprint.*
3) Facilitate a conversation around the selected antipatterns.
4) Have the team pick their single “favorite” antipattern… the one they’d like help to resolve.
5) As a team, figure out what principles and values of the Agile Manifesto address the issue.
6) Come up with an action plan for resolving the antipattern.
* If your team is lucky enough not to have been affected by one of the antipatterns in the deck, discuss what antipatterns they did run into that sprint. Bonus points for submitting the newly discovered antipattern to The Agile Antipattern Project.